Pages

My spin on the FREE Noodlehead tote Pattern

Sunday, April 12, 2015


Hi Everyone! I hope you're enjoying your Sunday. After an awesome, challenging service today, we came home and I decided today was going to be the day I finally tried out this free tote pattern from Noodlehead I found a while back. I love her patterns and her style. The Madras fabric she used I love, however, I needed that tote made in fabric that goes with what I wear and done in my own unique way. I had this Home Décor fabric I used in place of cotton and had yellow home decor fabric I used for my interior instead of cotton. I replaced the canvas lining with a stiff interfacing I ironed to the back of my exterior fabric. I replaced the cotton pocket with a piece of leather I got for a steal as it was an end of the bolt piece. I made my own handles instead of purchasing the cotton webbing she used. I still did the 24" length but did 5" wide, then made my handles as normal by ironing the length in half, bringing each side up to the crease and ironing them, then folding that in half, ironing it, and sewing down both sides. This tote has a divided pocket in front and is a nice 16" wide by 15 1/2 High when completed. I love everything about it and who couldn't use a new tote? I think from start to finish this took about 2 hours, not bad! I would have my hubby take a pic of me holding it but I'm in my jammies. Guess these will have to do! If you're like me, it's time you made something for You to use and enjoy, not to sell or give to someone else. Here's where the pattern can be found and a few more pics. Enjoy! http://www.noodle-head.com/2011/06/summer-madras-tote-pattern-2.html




 

No comments:

Post a Comment