Pages

handmade costumes for trunk or treat

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

It's trunk or treat time and this past friday we participated in one for our church. I don't know who came up with that idea of a bunch of cars in one location being decorated and people giving out candy at each one, but what a great idea! 
We decided on a toy story theme and I made mr. and mrs. potato head costumes out of felt. Just two 72" pieces of felt cut below the knee,then a casing for elastic to draw it up at the bottom.Two armholes made by marking where to stop sewing and back stitch, and same for the opening at the head. I free handed on copy  paper the face pieces,cut them out and pinned to my felt to cut those. I hot glued them on and that all took about an hour and a half per costume. The kids loved us and numerous moms wanted our picture or for their kids to pose with us. We enjoyed every minute and plan to do it again next year. Maybe instead of bo peep madison will be jesse. We'll see.


I have no earthly idea what was going on in this one!
Chris and I have a new project we picked up Saturday in Lake City. 
Demo has already started. We have big plans for this little camper. It's going to be so cute and cozy and we can't wait to complete it and go away for a weekend of camping.
You can bet there will be a blog post all about it.
Be blessed, Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment