Pages

A road trip to Virginia and some Christmas crafting

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Hi Ya'll! I haven't blogged in a while and thought I'd share some pics of recent happenings with you. I went to Virginia in late October to see my oldest child and his family. It was unusually warm but Virginia is always lovely. The boys are getting so big, so smart and doing new things. We drove to Appomattox and toured all the buildings on the property. History was made there and it's interesting to see the artifacts.
  We went to homecoming at Liberty University where my son and his wife are alumni. What a fun day! 
  Of course my love for all things vintage caused me to take a few detours. The first was in my home state of Georgia to take a few photos of an old drive inn I went to as a little girl. The Georgia Girl Drive Inn. 
 When I got to Virginia and gassed up for the last hour of my drive up, I was drawn to some old, tiny log homes right across the street in a huge field. I drove over to photograph one and realized the door was missing and got to go inside!
  My time there flew by but I enjoyed every day. I started the 9 hour drive back and while in North Carolina I saw a sign for the Pigsah Covered Bridge. It was a little out of the way but so beautiful with all the farms, barns and fall decor on everyone's porches. When I got there and took in the beautiful setting of the bridge, I realized again - this is history.
  I had made a mental note on the way up to stop at one of the cotton fields in South Carolina. I don't think they'll miss a few branches  that I now have in a mason jar.
  Of course you never have to go too far to photograph the old and interesting. This almost 100 year old small store is just several miles from me. The gas pumps that were last there were purchased and moved to the property next door.
  Now it's time to get ready for Christmas. I made Josh and Connor their ornaments and sent them up to put on the tree. 
  Today I made the folded fabric star ornament for our tree. We do have a lot of ornaments, mostly handmade, but I like to make a few each year to add to our stash. 
  Us girls from our small group at church went o Painting With A Twist and enjoyed our time painting and snacking. 
  I'm working on sewing some Christmas gifts which I'll share soon. Till then blessings! Gina










No comments:

Post a Comment