Pages

Patchwork meets purse

Thursday, February 5, 2015



                                                                        Front

Back 
 
What a beautiful day we had here in Northeast Florida today. Blue skies, sunny and no long sleeves needed. I love that! I enjoyed several glasses of tea on the deck while taking breaks making this bag. I love how it turned out and I love everything about it. I found a brand new pack of precut  5" squares at Goodwill for .99. The pattern calls for 2  1/2 inch squares, so I picked my favorites and spent time cutting. Then sewed them into rows, and sewed the rows together to create my own fabric for the front and back of the bag. I've sewn a lot of clutches I've sold or given as gifts, but I didn't own one. I like the size of the clutch and the handle you slip your hand down through when you carry it. This project is easy if you've done a few bags with lining and you've installed zippers but because you create your own fabric for the exterior it is very time consuming. I spent my entire day sewing this! The tutorial is courtesy of another gals blog which I really like. Her link to the YouTube video will tell you the supply list and give you a quick rundown on assembly. Enjoy!http://www.iheartstitching.com/portfolio/patchwork-clutch-tutorial/

No comments:

Post a Comment