Pages

A handmade childs bedroom makeover done for less than 150.00!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015



It's Springtime! That means spring cleaning and "out with the old and in with the new." Maybe like us, you need a new look in a childs room, maybe more age appropriate décor and just a fresh look. We did Madisons room redo for 150.00 by doing all the projects ourselves and thrifty finds from the thrift stores we frequent. After talking with Madison about color and having her go shopping with me to show me what fabrics she liked, I got busy on the biggest project, a quilt.

I decided to do a log cabin. They're quick, easy and fun. I worked on it virtually all day and in two weeks it was done! That's a record for me!


Then I took scraps from the quilt and did a bunting to hang behind the bed.
I searched "hoop art" on Pinterest and got the ideas for the .20 goodwill hoops. The scrapbooking clock was a thrift store find I decorated with paper, and put a photo of Madison and her daddy in from our camping trip.
I purchased the plain wood frames at a craft store, painted them, polka dotted them, and glued on clothespins to hold photos. I placed them in thrift store stands that hold frames or plates.

The pink lava lamp was a 3.99 thrifty find. Hubby went out to his shop and built a desk for homework and art. She loves coloring there, and writing books complete with pictures. The pink chair? Another Goodwill find.

 
I found a tutorial on Pinterest for the tissue paper flowers and hung those. The Madison street sign was a thrift store find. What are the odds on that?

Made a few pillows from scraps and one from a yard sale vintage tablecloth

Made a headband holder from two oatmeal containers, burlap, and a candle holder.
 
A  café rod made a great art display.
This room is so pretty, cheerful and unique. I don't know about you, but I'm allergic to decorating from an aisle in a store especially when everything is matchy matchy. Next time you need a room redone, I hope this inspires you to DIY.
                                                                      Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment