Pages

The start of a quilt for Connor and a good sewing day recipe

Thursday, August 6, 2015

 Hi ya'll! I'm so excited to share the news another grandson is due in December and his name is Connor William. He's due the 15th and his big brother Josh's birthday is the 14th. I made Josh a generous size crib quilt and I'm working on one for Conner. I decided to do an old pattern in modern geo prints and use primary colors. These are oversized blocks and with the white on white chevron the colors just pop! There will be two blue blocks, a red, yellow, orange and a green. Once I get the top pieced I'll decide if I need to add a border to increase the size a bit. The blue block, which is made up of four small blocks was my first and I just finished my 2nd block, the red one.


In an attempt to be able to devote an entire day to sewing, I usually do crock pot meals or low maintenance meals. We love fish and when I found these recipes on Pinterest I knew they were a keeper. Doesn't this salmon and bean salad look yummy?
It took just minutes to parboil the fresh green beans while seasoning the salmon, spreading the pesto on top and slicing the grape tomatoes. I wrapped it in foil and the oven did the rest. Canned northern beans made the salad a 5 minute side with just chopping some garlic and tomatoes. I found mozzarella pearls at the store so I didn't have to slice the cheese. You can find these recipes here http://www.cookingclassy.com/2015/07/pesto-salmon-and-italian-veggies-in-foil/http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/07/white-bean-caprese-salad.html

I shared an hour basket with you previously that I made to hold a baby shower gift and boy was it a hit! Several ladies loved the basket and asked if I sell them. I couldn't find the see through plastic I've bought before that you wrap a gift basket in so I bought a 1.00 baby blue plastic tablecloth and wrapped it in that, tied on a bow and cut the excess off and it looked nice. I realized the night before the shower I didn't have a card so I cut white cardstock, pulled out scraps from my scrap basket and made one. It probably took 10 minutes which is much less than driving to the nearest store and back. She loved the card too. That's a bonus!
Another project I completed was a Senna Tote. It's quite a popular bag and for good reason. Pockets on the front and back exterior as well as a big divided pocket on the inside. I love it! Till next time-Blessings, Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment