Pages

A Reunion, Recipes, Mini Vacay, Quilt and Free Basket Pattern

Tuesday, July 21, 2015



Hi ya'll! I can hardly believe summer is halfway over. I shared our deck redo we finished the day before my youngest brother Charlie and his family arrived from Pennsylvania which kicked off our family reunion. We were so glad the deck was done and boy did it come in handy. Here's a few pics of us enjoying it



Three of my four brothers families were here so there's more nieces and nephews than in these photos. We had everyone for dinner here twice which was so fun. I made two and a half batches of The Pioneer Womans Lasagna Rolls

 two huge salads with lots of goodies in them
and a strawberry icebox cake
The lasagna recipe is herehttp://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/05/lasagna-rollups/
The icebox cake is here http://cakescottage.com/2015/04/09/no-bake-strawberry-icebox-cake/
The salad recipe is herehttp://reluctantentertainer.com/2013/08/wedge-salad-recipe/
These recipes are perfect for a few or for a crowd.
   We went to Kingsley Lake, ate, swam and gave everyone a ride in the boat



That beautiful lil guy in the boat and eating fried chicken is my grandson Joshua.
We spent a day floating The Ichnutucknee Springs. So beautiful and so cold!
I got a backpack made for my son for college and he loves it. So do I! I love coffee bean bags!
My hubby (Chris), stepdaughter Madison and I went to Spring Hill for a weekend to Weeki Wachee. I went there as a young girl too and was just mesmerized by the Mermaids performances. It hasn't changed a bit except they turned the natural spring on one side into an awesome water park!

I have a baby shower to attend soon so I made an Hour Basket in blues to hold my gifts. I'm sure it will come in handy organizing his room.
I made a basket for my sewing area to toss thread and clippings of fabric in till I'm through and toss it in the trash. Much easier than reaching under the table and tossing it and usually missing so I end up with more thread on the floor. I made the other basket for onions in the kitchen and another hour basket for taters. Another coffeebean bag project! I shared the Hour Basket tutorial with you a few posts ago but here's the link for the free pattern for the other basket that's also just an hour to complete http://filminthefridge.com/page/76/

Next week we will all find out the gender of Josh's sibling due the day after his 2nd birthday. My next project? A baby quilt and I can't wait to go get my fabric, get a few blocks sewn up and share it with you. Here's the quilt, monkey, stocking and 1st Christmas ornament I made Josh. Till next time, Blessings! Gina




























No comments:

Post a Comment