Pages

Dresses, a trip to Virginia, and more dresses

Thursday, February 4, 2016





 Hi Ya'll! It's been a while since I blogged but I've been busy! I found a few patterns from ModKid, a pinafore pattern from Indygo Junction, and a few other patterns from some fellow Etsy sellers. I carefully selected fabrics I thought would look right for each one, got a few done, then flew to Virginia to see my son, daughter in law, and grandsons Josh and Conner. I shared a few pics after he was born on Christmas Eve. I had a wonderful time, got back Monday evening, and Tuesday was right back at getting these dresses done.
   First up, one of the ModKid patterns. It's easy, fun to make and so cute! It is a shorter, modern dress so that's why the leggings.




 Next,another Modkid pattern I did in a daisy fabric that has orange in it that I paired with a solid orange. Love it!




 Next the pinafore. I just love these! They look like a dress in the front but the back is open. It's meant to be worn with a shirt and leggings or pants.






 I had already purchased this pattern on Etsy when I found this mermaid fabric and knew it was the one. Madison loves mermaids!




The last dress, another Modkid pattern is my favorite. I love that it could look old fashion or modern. I love the optional sleeve and bottom ruffle I chose to add.I love the bow. And wouldn't you know when I pulled out the bolt of the main fabric with the flowers, it's ModKid fabric! I have recently noticed Joanns is stepping up their game when it comes to fabric lines. I'm glad!





Now a few pics from my Virginia trip!






Life is good! God is good! Blessings, Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment