Pages

A great tutorial for curtains

Tuesday, September 29, 2015


 I thought I'd pop in and share a great tutorial for homemade curtains I found. I've wanted to replace the lace valance we had hanging up in our living room that was just blaaaah! I'm embarrassed to show you the before but here it is.



 Pretty bad! Well thanks to Instagram I found several curtain tutorials posted and after checking it out on the blog decided to go to Hobby Lobby today and got some pretty yellow and cream duck cloth and of course used my 40% off coupon. I was planning on running in, getting my fabric, and leaving, but you know how that goes. It's an hour +10 from my house so I haven't been there in a while. Oh goodness I couldn't stop gawking at all the new stuff! I didn't get home till almost 2:30 but still managed to have the curtains done at 4:30 when my hubby called. This tutorial is so well done and this is a very simple process. A beginner sewist could make these curtains. You can find the tutorial here http://www.simplesimonandco.com/2015/09/super-simple-curtain-tutorial-how-to-make-a-curtain-in-6-easy-steps.html/ Here's a few more pics of my new handmade curtains.




 If you've wanted to sew some curtains but were afraid of spending money on fabric you love and being disappointed with the results, try this tutorial! Blessings, Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment