Pages

How to make a rolled rosette flower

Monday, June 8, 2015


Hi ya'll! Summers here! I've got my stepdaughter with me and we're about to head out for some shopping and playtime at a beautiful park. I wanted a new wreath for the front door so I made this on Saturday and I love it. It's just a foam wreath, covered in burlap with lace already on it, some rosettes I made, a chalkboard banner from the craft store that perfectly holds our last name and a hanger from home décor fabric for more color. I found the rolled rosette tutorial a few years ago on Pinterest. You can find it here http://ourbestbites.com/2010/12/tutorial-rolled-fabric-flowers/ I made the hanger by cutting the fabric 4" wide, ironing the sides in about 1/2", then put it through the top, tied a knot, then sewed the ends on my machine putting right sides together. This didn't take very long at all, maybe 1 1/2 hours. Here's another pic and what else I've been up to.

My coffee bean bag obsession! My son Joe wanted a backpack, and wanted one that would double as a hiking, backpacking bag, beach bag, so a multipurpose bag. Here he is with it and he really likes it!




It's empty so it's flat but it will hold a lot. My hubby went to work and showed pics to the guys and called just a while ago to tell me someone wants one for their daughter who'll be going back to college in the fall! I haven't officially started offering these on Etsy or my fb biz page so that's a good sign. I love that these bags usually get trashed but are now being recycled into useful, beautiful, unique items so at least some of them aren't ending up in landfills. I challenge you to look at things not for what they are, but for what they can become. Blessings, Gina 

No comments:

Post a Comment