Pages

My new coffee bean bag obsession!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015




Hi ya'll! I hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend. We went fishing with a friend and I had the pleasure of catching a nice size Red Drum! I have also been doing some more sewing with the coffee bean bags. I think I have a new obsession! My daughter is taking her first cruise and asked for a backpack to carry around necessities and take when they go out sightseeing. I made her a backpack that will be perfect for that. Yesterday while hubby bbq'd and painted the deck I made this bag from two different bean bags and I love the way it turned out. It's going in my Etsy shop as soon as I'm done here. It has 4 large, deep front pockets, interior pockets, and the recycled curtain rings just complete the recycled/upcycled look. Here's some pics of my work.
A lot of pieces go into this bag and have to be handcut because of the curves and irregular shapes. Then there's the interfacing, fusible fleece, and the brown fabric sewn to the back of the burlap pieces which of course aren't seen but help make this a great and sturdy bag.


Here's the backpack!


Hope you have a lovely day. Remember...don't just look at things for what they are, look at them for what they COULD be. Blessings, Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment