Pages

Welcome Spring! My thrifty and handmade "Mantel."

Tuesday, March 24, 2015



Hi Everyone! Spring is officially here! Crazy how some of you are getting snow, while at the same time some of us have seen temps in the mid eighties! It really is true here in Florida we don't have spring, then summer, we have sprummer :) Well I decided to do a spring theme on my door as I want a completely different look this summer. I found the wood carved birds at the thrift store, the Spring wood sign, and the other birds and rose plate were thrift finds a few years back.
 
 
Of course Easter is the main event in Spring for us, and in keeping with the true reason for Easter, I took scrap fabrics and made a hoop project. I just cut triangles, pinned them across the top and sewed across the top. I cut a sorta round shape for the rock and sewed to the bottom. I cut two pieces for the cross and sewed them on, then using black embroidery floss stitched "He is Risen!" I wrapped scrap fabric around the outside of the hoop using dabs of glue here and there. That shabby rose pitcher? A thrifty find too! I made a scrappy banner in just minutes, and put "Bunny" out. She was a yard sale find and only comes out this time of year. A recent cruise photo of us on the beach riding horses brings back happy memories. I won't win any awards for my "Mantel", which is a vintage door from a yard sale but I don't care. These things were thrifty, fun to make, and they make me happy!
 

Bunny says Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment