Pages

Another bag off my "To Make" list!

Saturday, March 7, 2015




Hi ya'll! I wanted to share the link to this FREE bag pattern by See Kate Sew. I love her blog, her style, her patterns. I've had this bag on my to do list for quite a while now. She made hers from linen and cotton. I was thrift shopping one day when I saw a huge piece of denim fabric for 5.00 which I quickly snatched up. I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but this morning it came to me, use it instead of linen. I found fabric on hand with colors I love to wear and the two fabrics look so pretty together. She used duck cloth for interfacing but I didn't have any so I used some fusible fleece I did have. This bag is not complicated at all. It's not too big, not too small, just right for my usual purse items. The long strap will allow it to be an "over the body" bag which I like when I'm out shopping or sight seeing. You can find the pattern here http://seekatesew.com/purse-week-linen-satchel/ Here's a few pics of the inside. Happy sewing!
                                                           Gina
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment